We had breakfast at the hotel, which was probably my favorite breakfast the entire time I was there. I had french toast, which they deep fry in Ethiopia, and some pink syrup that I think was grenadine.
After breakfast we went to Lake Awassa where we saw the aforementioned hippos and other wildlife.
After breakfast we went to Lake Awassa where we saw the aforementioned hippos and other wildlife.
Eagle at Lake Awassa
The coffee farm was very cool. There is a hotel and the rooms are in traditional style houses. We didn't stay there, but I think families will in the future. Coffee is very important in Ethiopia, it is their number one export.
Coffee plant
Lemur at the coffee farm
After the coffee farm we went to a park that has a bunch of monkeys living there. They ate right our of our hands.
That night we went to a restaurant that had good pizza. There was also somewhat of a show as a butcher cut up goat meat with great gusto and then a guy fried it in hot oil also with great enthusiasm. It was actually pretty good, very salty.

No comments:
Post a Comment