Thursday, August 28, 2008

1st Day of School




This year Dalton and Gillian are going to Family School. They go to school for 3 hours and 15 minutes 4 day a week. At school they learn reading, writing, and math and also have P.E., art, music, and library. At home they learn science, social studies, and spelling. So far it is going well and we are excited about all the fun stuff we are going to learn this year. They are home significantly more than they were last year, so I am learning how to balance everything with homeschool, new baby, etc.

3 comments:

Mieke said...

Go Supermom!!!! I can't believe you're doing the semi-home school thing, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised since you're the most organized person I know :) I hope it's going well for you guys. I'm sure the kids love having extra time at home.

Mieke

Unknown said...

CUTE kids! AND a great life!

Boyd found me on facebook and sent me your blog address...

It's been a long, LONG time!

Jennifer Brinkerhoff

Wendy said...

Emily,

I don't know if you will remember me or not. We used to be VT partners and work in the nursery (I think) together in PHX. I found your blog off of Stephanie Adair's blog. I just wanted to congratulate you on your new baby! He is so cute. I also wanted to comment on you homeschooling--I think it is great. We homeschool for the most part, too (my 2 oldest are in public school).

Anyway, email me and I will send you info to my personal blog (you can see our family one by clicking on my name):

eightgumdrops at yahoo dot com