Monday, June 23, 2008
Alaba
We got back from Alaba today and it was a great trip. I was glad to be able to see the Ethiopian countryside. We went out on Lake Awassa and saw hippos! We also saw an alligator, an iguana, and some bald eagles. Then we went to a coffee farm and saw lemurs. Ethiopia is more beautiful than I could have imagined. The land is beautiful and the people are beautiful. There is indescribable poverty though, especially in the rural areas, and it is sad to witness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful trip. I so hope I am able to visit Alaba and/or Awassa during my travel.
Glad you had a good trip. I am so excited it will be in under 24 hours that you hold your little boy for good. Enjoy every minute of it.
Post a Comment